The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

Police Department
LSPD
LSPD
Primary Assignment: N/A
How can I do an aerial ride-along with the Los Santos Police Department?

The Los Santos Police Department offers an aerial ride-along program to showcase the work and daily life of a Police Officer. Those who are interested in participating in a police ride-along shall first ensure they meet all of the requirements listed below. They shall then complete a blank Aerial Ride-Along Request E-form and submit it in the Aerial Ride-Along Requests Area[/color].

Please note that the Recruitment and Employment Division are responsible for processing ride-along requests. Officers assigned to the Recruitment and Employment Division are there on a voluntary basis and have a separate primary assignment which they fulfill. As such, please allow for up to seventy-two (72) hours for your request to be processed.

RIDE-ALONG PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
1. Applicants shall be completely truthful with the information they provide on their Ride-Along Request form. Anyone filing a false police report may be prosecuted under San Andreas Penal Code section 117 PC. Filing a false police report is punishable by imprisonment in county jail not exceeding 8 weeks (( hours )), or by fine not exceeding $10,000, or by both.

2. Applicants shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time they are completing the Ride-Along Request form.

3. Applicants shall read and understand all of the ride-along regulations listed below.

4. Applicants are required to complete the Ride-Along Request form in full, including signing the waiver. Those who fail to complete the form to the Department's standards will be denied access to the program.

RIDE-ALONG REGULATIONS
1. The ride-along participant shall listen to and follow all directions of the hosting officer. This extends to consenting to a frisk for weapons.

2. The ride-along participant shall not become involved in any investigation, handling of evidence, discussions with victims, witnesses or suspects, or handling any Department equipment.

3. The ride-along participant may terminate the ride-along at any time and the hosting officer may return the observer to their home or to the station if the ride-along participant interferes with the performance of the officer’s duties.

4. Ride-along participants may be allowed to continue riding during the transportation and booking process provided this does not jeopardize their safety.

5. Hosting officers will not allow any ride-along participants to be present in any residences or situations that would jeopardize their safety or cause undue stress or embarrassment to a victim or any other citizen.

6. Under no circumstance shall a ride-along participant be permitted to enter a private residence.

7. While at the scene of a traffic collision, hospital, or other medical type of emergency that necessitates a patient's health information be shared with medical personnel, the hosting officer shall ensure the ride-along participant is out of earshot in order to protect the patient's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) rights.

BOTTOM LINE: The ride-along participant shall act in a professional manner and shall immediately listen to all instructions given to them by the hosting officer. The hosting officer or a Department Supervisor reserves the right to terminate the ride-along at any point, for any reason.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Am I allowed to audio or video record my ride-along?
A: This is at the discretion of the hosting officer.

Q: I am under the age of 18. Can I do a ride-along?
A: No. Refer to Requirement #2.

Q: I haven't submitted a ride-along request form but meet all the requirements anyways. Can I turn up to a police station and do a ride-along anyway?
A: No. Refer to Requirement #4.

Q: I want to do ride-alongs with another agency. Can the Los Santos Police Department process this for me?
A: No. We can only process ride-along requests for the Los Santos Police Department. It is advised you refer to the respective agencies website.

Q: During my ride-along I saw an officer break policy/commit a crime and wish to report it. Where can I do this?
A: Please reference the Report Employee Misconduct page.

Q: My hosting officer did an excellent job during my ride-along and I want to make sure they are recognized for this. Who do I contact?
A: Please reference the Commend an Employee page.

Q: I have a suggestion for the ride-along program. Who do I contact?
A: E-mail it to Police Officer III+1 Jayson Sims, Officer-in-Charge, Recruitment Section, Recruitment and Employment Division at [email protected].

Q: I still have a question pertaining to the ride-along program. Where can I get it answered?
A: You can call the Mission Row Community Police Station on 9101. (( Ask your question here. ))

AERIAL RIDE-ALONG REQUEST FORM
Title.
Code: Select all
[Aerial Ride-Along Request] Firstname Lastname

Body.
Code: Select all
[font=Arial][center][size=110]LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT[/size]
[size=140][color=black][b]AERIAL RIDE-ALONG REQUEST FORM[/b][/size][/center]

[list=none]
1. Your firstname: [u]Answer here[/u]

2. Your lastname: [u]Answer here[/u]

3. Your title: [u]Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Dr[/u]

4. Your telephone number: [u]Answer here[/u]

5. Your occupation: [u]Answer here[/u]

6. With an [[b]X[/b]], please mark [b][u]one[/u][/b] of the following which best applies to you:

[indent=15]
[—] I have never received any Traffic or Infraction citations, nor have I ever been arrested on Misdemeanour or Felony charges.
[—] I have received one or more Traffic and/or Infraction citations.
[—] I have been arrested on one or more Misdemeanour charges.
[—] I have been arrested on one or more Felony charges.
[/indent]
7. Release and Waiver of Liability:

I, the undersigned, have requested permission of the Los Santos Police Department to participate in the Police Ride-Along Program. I understand the ride-along program involves riding in a police vehicle being operated by a police officer who is performing both routine and emergency police functions. I acknowledge that riding in a police vehicle can be a potentially dangerous activity, as it may be necessary to operate the vehicle outside of the normal rules of the road. I further acknowledge that I may be exposed to dangerous and/or hazardous situations inherent in police work where I may be at risk for serious, or even fatal, injury. I understand that police officers cannot avoid all dangers or disregard their duties which involve such dangers or hazards simply because I am accompanying him/her. Knowing the risks involved, I hereby assume any and all risks of injury, death or property damage arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in the ride-along program. I, the undersigned, in consideration of being allowed to participate in the ride-along program do for myself, my heirs, next of kin, family, guardians, executors, administrators and assigns,
forever waive, release, and discharge the City of Los Santos and its officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all claims, damages, or liabilities arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in the ride-along program. 

I have carefully read the foregoing Release and Waiver of Liability. I understand the contents thereof and I sign the same freely and voluntarily. 

Print your full name in BLOCK capitals: [u]FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME(S) LASTNAME[/u]
Your signature: [u]Answer here[/u]
Date and time signed: [u]DD/MMM/YYYY HH:MM[/u]
[/list][/font][/color]