The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
Serial No.: 82154
Daniel Chapman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:06 am Hi!

I'm in the recruitment process to become a civilian employee, and wanted to inquire whether it's possible to apply to become a sworn police officer as a civilian employee?

Thanks.
Civilian employees follow the same standard recruitment process as anyone else applying to be a police officer. This means they have to complete the same application and are accustomed to the exact same selection process and criteria as anyone else. No special consideration is given to a civilian employee who is applying to become a police officer.
Victor Spencer
Police Sergeant II
Police Sergeant II
Primary Assignment: Air Support Division
Serial No.: 70000
Manuel Valdez wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:48 amMy App for reference: ACCESS
The reason there is no license is because I had it removed on this character by Giga as I was going to use it for a character under 16 who could not drive. This is proven by the fact my license technically expires in 2033 despite be not having one.

I since changed names back to Damian Leydon, expected my license to be auto returned since the character was already an existing name. It was not.

As a result my application was denied, this is the only reason I can see it being denied and I'd like another shot as this was literally just a script bug. The script should give my character his license back when renaming to him but it did not.
Hello @Manuel Valdez

If you think any errors happened with your application, I would suggest you follow the appeal procedures listed in the following link. viewtopic.php?f=2189&t=46241
Efrain Tejedor
Primary Assignment: N/A
Hello,

When an appeal to a disqualification is submitted, is a response given even if the appeal is denied or will I only receive a response should the appeal be accepted?

Also, if an application is disqualified on an OOC basis, is it possible to apply for the next recruitment drive? If yes, is it possible to apply with that same character or must it be on a new character?
Leo Romanov
Police Lieutenant II
Police Lieutenant II
Badge Number: 38802
Serial No.: 38802
Efrain Tejedor wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:06 pm Hello,

When an appeal to a disqualification is submitted, is a response given even if the appeal is denied or will I only receive a response should the appeal be accepted?

Also, if an application is disqualified on an OOC basis, is it possible to apply for the next recruitment drive? If yes, is it possible to apply with that same character or must it be on a new character?

You'll receive one either way.

If you're OOCly denied you can apply for the next one, on the same character depending on what they were denied for.
Efrain Tejedor
Antonio Diaz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:43 pm
Efrain Tejedor wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:06 pm Hello,

You'll receive one either way.

If you're OOCly denied you can apply for the next one, on the same character depending on what they were denied for.
Understood, thank you for the response!
Ray Cassidy
A year ago I was community banned from the server and recently I appealed my ban and got unbannd. I was wondering if i'm still eligible to apply in this faction or not. Even civilian positions.
Philip Walker
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Serial No.: 78105
Ray Cassidy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:17 am A year ago I was community banned from the server and recently I appealed my ban and got unbannd. I was wondering if i'm still eligible to apply in this faction or not. Even civilian positions.
Yes, generally you should be allowed to apply for our faction.
Audrey White
Police Officer II
Police Officer II
Badge Number: 137560
I have been told that the next recruitment is expected to be in January 2024, am I right to say?
Philip Walker
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Serial No.: 78105
EdbertL wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:26 am I have been told that the next recruitment is expected to be in January 2024, am I right to say?
Correct.
April Bennett
Hello! I posted my apply and I was accepted one year ago approximately. I disappeared because of OOC stuff. Could I get back the interview I had to face or do I have to apply again? Just asking! Thank you :)
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
April Bennett wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:24 pm Hello! I posted my apply and I was accepted one year ago approximately. I disappeared because of OOC stuff. Could I get back the interview I had to face or do I have to apply again? Just asking! Thank you :)
Hello. Given that (the next time recruitment opens, which is January 2024) will have been 12 months ago, you will be required to resubmit your application from scratch as there will have been many changes to your character/stats/playing hours since then.

I hope this answers your question.
Francesca Aguero
Primary Assignment: Police Training and Education Division
What if I failed the CAP Session? Do I still have to face every stage of the recruitment or I can resume from the CAP Session?
Oliver Maksimovic
Police Officer II
Police Officer II
Badge Number: 141507
Primary Assignment: Mission Row Division
Do I have the right to continue the recruitment process if something comes up and in result makes me absent? I'm asking because the Recruitment opens in 'the eyes' of orthodox Christmas and therefore I'd probably be absent. Does RED show understanding in these circumstances?

Also, is there a way to communicate with the personnel of RED regarding time scheduling in regards of the recruitment process?

In other words, do you have tolerance and compromise for situations where a player couldn't carry out the provided schedule? Thanks in advance!
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Francesca Aguero wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 pm What if I failed the CAP Session? Do I still have to face every stage of the recruitment or I can resume from the CAP Session?
Given your last attempt was in August 2023 (over 6 months ago), you would have to apply fresh. Bare in mind that there is no interview (In or Out of Character), so really the only thing that would be re-evaluated is your personal essay and character backstory to ensure it meets faction standards.
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Oliver Maksimovic wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:48 am Do I have the right to continue the recruitment process if something comes up and in result makes me absent? I'm asking because the Recruitment opens in 'the eyes' of orthodox Christmas and therefore I'd probably be absent. Does RED show understanding in these circumstances?

Also, is there a way to communicate with the personnel of RED regarding time scheduling in regards of the recruitment process?

In other words, do you have tolerance and compromise for situations where a player couldn't carry out the provided schedule? Thanks in advance!
Hard fixed dates such as the recruitment open and closing dates will not have any leniency. The sole reason for this is that we cannot make an exception for 1-2 people and not the entire recruitment batch. We are accustomed to a tight schedule to ensure a smooth and swift recruitment cycle. In comparison to other factions, 7 days to submit your application (Jan 7 -> Jan 14) is very reasonable, especially given the fact that you can prepare your application in advance!

The dates for the Candidate Advancement Program (CAP) sessions have a little more leniency. For example, if you are unable to make any of the fixed times (typically 4-5 sessions a cycle), you are able to schedule a private session so that you can be assessed at a time which you are available for.

As for the examinations, the dates posted on the recruitment timeline is what must be followed. This is because we have to unanimously grade 20-30 examinations, and based on those grades, determine a passing score.

If you know that you have real life obligations that will significantly disrupt your availability on the dates listed in the recruitment timeline, it is advised you wait until the next recruitment cycle to apply when you know you will be able to designate the time to have a stress-free attempt at joining the faction.
William Matheson
Hello,

I'd like to ask if there's a police officer application form template available as I plan on applying, but I am dyslexic and it will take time to fill it out correctly(reading through the code messes with my eyes).

Thank you!

W.M
Deniz Arcian
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Primary Assignment: Mission Row Division
Serial No.: 16345
Marcus Brandt wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:41 am Hello,

I'd like to ask if there's a police officer application form template available as I plan on applying, but I am dyslexic and it will take time to fill it out correctly(reading through the code messes with my eyes).

Thank you!

W.M
Hello,

Follow this link below, then press POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION FORM [+], Select All, Copy the text and open the private messages tab on top right, just Paste the text into the box and press Preview.

You will be able to see the application.

viewtopic.php?f=2189&t=51606
Angela Costa
Retired Police Officer II
Retired Police Officer II
Badge Number: 142542
Primary Assignment: Gang Enforcement Detail
Serial No.: 142542
Hey, sorry to bother you guys!

If I'm an Administrative Clerk here, in LSPD, do I need to post a db-faction permission in order to be a sworn police officer on another character? Thanks, happy new year!
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Giulia Rose wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:50 am Hey, sorry to bother you guys!

If I'm an Administrative Clerk here, in LSPD, do I need to post a db-faction permission in order to be a sworn police officer on another character? Thanks, happy new year!
If you're applying on a different character, no. Just be sure to notify your current Commanding Officer of your intention on applying.