The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

Donald Simms
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
My application is currently wait-listed until the next academy since this drive was full. I plan on applying for a PF license and taking a part-time job ICly while I wait. I also have made a 3rd character that isn't included in my original application. At what point do I need to update my application with all this? Do I need to at all?
Zoran Djuric
Primary Assignment: N/A
I've stated which times I'm available during the day week/weekend, I'm always on TeamSpeak that time waiting for interview, it says if we don't get interview done by 12th we're off the recruitment process...
Joshua Campos
Retired Police Officer III+1
Retired Police Officer III+1
Badge Number: 9851
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
Serial No.: 9851
John Chapman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:41 pm My application is currently wait-listed until the next academy since this drive was full. I plan on applying for a PF license and taking a part-time job ICly while I wait. I also have made a 3rd character that isn't included in my original application. At what point do I need to update my application with all this? Do I need to at all?

Zoran Djuric wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm I've stated which times I'm available during the day week/weekend, I'm always on TeamSpeak that time waiting for interview, it says if we don't get interview done by 12th we're off the recruitment process...
Steve Bright wrote:.
Owen Meyer
Retired Police Captain
Retired Police Captain
Badge Number: 151
John Chapman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:41 pm My application is currently wait-listed until the next academy since this drive was full. I plan on applying for a PF license and taking a part-time job ICly while I wait. I also have made a 3rd character that isn't included in my original application. At what point do I need to update my application with all this? Do I need to at all?
You can send me the details in a pm and I'll forward it if need be for the DI as an example.

Zoran Djuric wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm I've stated which times I'm available during the day week/weekend, I'm always on TeamSpeak that time waiting for interview, it says if we don't get interview done by 12th we're off the recruitment process...
I'm going to be around during the weekend if my officers aren't able to do it in time. Most of us are working 8-12 hour workdays and mostly have one or two hours to either be ingame or do paperwork each day. I will bring this forward to my team.
Steve Bright wrote:.
Tyson Bone
Do we have an estimate on the next recruitment drive? Last time it closed was a month ago and I'm not too sure on how often the recruitment process opens.
Owen Meyer
Retired Police Captain
Retired Police Captain
Tyson Bone wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:55 pm Do we have an estimate on the next recruitment drive? Last time it closed was a month ago and I'm not too sure on how often the recruitment process opens.
We currently are in 3-19 which we decided to be a recruitment drive for those that were in stage 2 [departmental interview] and stage 3 [Police Academy] but missed the last session. The next drive will hopefully open directly after the next drive is complete.
Sara Bennett
((Regarding civilian recruitment - ie. Psychology role/admin roles - are those in non US/EU timezones able to apply? I'm usually online when these departments are mostly empty/quiet (Australian timezone) but would love to play a role in the department ))
Ryan Nguyen
Retired Police Officer II
Primary Assignment: Mission Row Division
Sara_Bennett wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:25 am ((Regarding civilian recruitment - ie. Psychology role/admin roles - are those in non US/EU timezones able to apply? I'm usually online when these departments are mostly empty/quiet (Australian timezone) but would love to play a role in the department ))
There are no restrictions set on that. Anyone can join these positions, no matter their timezone.
Sara Bennett
A question about inductions - I've accepted a civilian administrator position, however I note there are no inductions scheduled currently, and when they are it's 18:00 (which for me is like 5am). Will I be contacted to schedule an induction given I'm in a different timezone and couldn't attend the regular one anyway? Thank you for your time.
Ryan Nguyen
Sara Bennett wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 am A question about inductions - I've accepted a civilian administrator position, however I note there are no inductions scheduled currently, and when they are it's 18:00 (which for me is like 5am). Will I be contacted to schedule an induction given I'm in a different timezone and couldn't attend the regular one anyway? Thank you for your time.
Please contact a member of Human Resources for this question. They should be able to give you more information about that.
Timothy Gallagher
Assistant Chief of Police
Assistant Chief of Police
Badge Number: 30004
Primary Assignment: Office of the Chief of Police
Melanie Coburn wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:37 pm (( Any chance on an ETA for the next recruitment drive? Quite eager to give the GTA 5 LEO RP a shot ))

(( No specific date as of yet. The next drive should be scheduled to start sometime mid to late June, but we're finalizing dates in the next few days! ))
Phoebe Walters
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
Serial No.: 112200
(( Not sure if this has been asked before, but how long does the interview stage and academy stage last? And are private academies offered? ))
Owen Meyer
Retired Police Captain
Retired Police Captain
Thomas Booker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:29 pm (( Not sure if this has been asked before, but how long does the interview stage and academy stage last? And are private academies offered? ))

((The interview stage consists of one IC and one OOC part. Currently, the interview is set up to test both your roleplay capabilities and how good your knowledge of the English language is. The part that takes the longest is possibly the wait to get it done as Recruitment and Academy Division Instructors can not be on twenty-four seven. We usually do them when we have spare time over and we always try to get all Applicants a fair chance to get the stage done. The system we use for this is that the applicants write out their times that they are able to do the interview and then once they are around they should be on our Teamspeak server so that our instructors know that there's an applicant waiting. They will then be contacted through Teamspeak so that the applicant doesn't need to sit in Mission Row Station for long hours of time and can do something else in the meantime as they wait.

The Departmental Interview itself can take around thirty to forty minutes. ))
Richard Cook
Badge Number: 28141
Serial No.: 86497
Thomas Booker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:29 pm (( Not sure if this has been asked before, but how long does the interview stage and academy stage last? And are private academies offered? ))
To follow up on the last part of your question, the academy can last anywhere from one hour to nearly three or four hours. It depends on the amount of recruits, server stability, and flow of the course. On average, allow yourself around two hours. Private academies are not a usual occurrence, we encourage everyone to attend one of our two sessions if possible. Otherwise, you will be pushed to the next recruitment drive.
Vishon Hopeton
Badge Number: 12321
Matthew Collins wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 am ((Is it possible to apply and possibly join LSPD if I don't have that minimum of 10 hours played on the server? ))
Recruitment is opened for another 3 days. So it shouldn't be TOO hard to get 10 hours until then. You can apply, but you'll be put on Pending and have 48 hours to meet the requirement. So, I'd suggest if you're able to grind through to those 10 hours until recruitment closes, do that and apply as soon as you reach 10 hours.
Mireya Salinas
Badge Number: 40120
Primary Assignment: Detective Bureau
Serial No.: 78102
Are private academies a possibility? Reason for this is that due to my rather packed schedule (par time work, social life) I can only be online after around 23:00 my time which is GMT+2 CEST.