The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
Serial No.: 82154
Andrew Rose wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:52 amWould it be OK if I can apply an NPC as a former law enforcement character? Of course with a highly realistic background story.
Generally speaking, it is highly ill-advised to roleplay a character who has had a previous career in law enforcement. This is especially the case if you're joining through normal recruitment. Why? Because you'll have to go through the Field Training Program, which is designed to teach someone who has never had any experience in law enforcement how to be a peace officer.

The probationary/training period of your character in the department is what kick-starts your character development. You're expected to roleplay having niche traits and of course flaws and make mistakes. You'll find it a lot harder to roleplay such mistakes if you're also trying to roleplay a character who has previously been a law enforcement officer. Really, what you don't want to find yourself in a situation of is having a rookie character who's a "know it all".

It's not to say that people haven't applied with a character who has previous law enforcement experience and been successful in the recruitment process, but most people who do this either have a wealth of roleplay experience as a law enforcement officer, or real-life experience - or on most occasions, both.

If you're reinstating or transferring into a non-probationary rank? That is a different story because you're going to have law enforcement experience on GTA World and as such will be expected to develop your character largely by yourself rather than through the Field Training Program.

Tl;dr - If you're applying through normal recruitment, you're going to find it much easier to roleplay a character with no past law enforcement experience. Trying to develop a full-proof backstory and portray a character like that is going to take a lot of your attention and focus - which instead should be directed towards "learning the ropes" as a rookie and developing them into a good street cop.

I hope this answers your question, and apologies for the delay in the response.
Logan Cross
Police Detective I
Police Detective I
Badge Number: 19343
Primary Assignment: Detective Bureau
Serial No.: 19343
Hi all,

If I left the department prior to completing the FTP, can I submit a reinstatement application or is it a brand new application? The reason for asking is because I noticed this in the job listing;
Former faction members are required to file a Reinstatement Request prior to applying for the Department.
Leo Romanov
Police Lieutenant II
Police Lieutenant II
Badge Number: 38802
Serial No.: 38802
Kaito Kogami wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:08 am Hi all,

If I left the department prior to completing the FTP, can I submit a reinstatement application or is it a brand new application? The reason for asking is because I noticed this in the job listing;
Former faction members are required to file a Reinstatement Request prior to applying for the Department.
If you were a P1 then you're able to reinstate as a P1. If you are accepted.
George Galic
Primary Assignment: N/A
Hello, I was wondering if there's any leeway in terms of the 20+ hour GTAW requirement? I haven't played GTAW yet but I have between 4,000 and 6,000 hours on SA:MP's LSRP.

Alternatively, would it be alright if I applied with 10-15 with a commitment to get the 20 by the time the academy is finished?
Philip Walker
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Serial No.: 78105
George Galic wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:54 am Hello, I was wondering if there's any leeway in terms of the 20+ hour GTAW requirement? I haven't played GTAW yet but I have between 4,000 and 6,000 hours on SA:MP's LSRP.

Alternatively, would it be alright if I applied with 10-15 with a commitment to get the 20 by the time the academy is finished?
No, in order to apply, you must have 20 hours of game time.
Charles Flanagan
What are the current rules and regulations for corruption? Of course police corruption is something that is learned over time by a corrupt law enforcement official, but what are the rules pertaining to in-game police corruption per faction policy?
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Charles Flanagan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:48 am What are the current rules and regulations for corruption? Of course police corruption is something that is learned over time by a corrupt law enforcement official, but what are the rules pertaining to in-game police corruption per faction policy?
There are two tiers of corruption in the faction, that being tier zero and tier one. Every officer is automatically given tier zero, which allows them to do things like cut corners on paperwork, be forget during administrative interviews with Internal Affairs (Blue Wall of Silence), be lazy, hold personal grudges and bias, engage in workplace hazing, etc. Of course these all come at the risk of administrative disciplinary action, and you’re expected to roleplay it accordingly. Of course as a P1 or new P2, you’re going to be roleplaying an officer with 2-3 years in the Department, so will want to focus more on their development over be a “corrupt cop”.

The other corrupt tier is tier one. This allows for major hazing, substance abuse, ignoring some criminal offenses and even committing crimes. The latter two are agreed between said member and faction leadership.

Of course there are additional, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and what I have mentioned is only a very brief overview. However, the aim of this faction is to provide high quality police roleplay always, and corruption is only a very small part of that.
Ethan Kelly
Good morning.

Can you confirm that there will be no academy in July? I have been waiting for a few weeks and yesterday I came to fill out the application and saw that the timeline was changed to August.

Thank you.
Philip Walker
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Oneka Mitchells wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:42 am Good morning.

Can you confirm that there will be no academy in July? I have been waiting for a few weeks and yesterday I came to fill out the application and saw that the timeline was changed to August.

Thank you.
Yes, I confirm.
Hugh WIlder
Wait, are we currently able to apply? Someone told me today we could apply is this true?
Andrew Torrez
Police Sergeant II
Police Sergeant II
Badge Number: 16460
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
Serial No.: 16460
Hugh WIlder wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:42 pm Wait, are we currently able to apply? Someone told me today we could apply is this true?
Hello! The next recruitment wave for officers is in August. You can view the ETA of the next wave in this thread. It is always subject to change. viewtopic.php?f=2189&t=51606#p251720
Joel Kowalczyk
Retired Police Officer III
Retired Police Officer III
Badge Number: 6486
((I left the LSPD on an account around 4 years ago. I tried reinstating but however due to the time period that had passed I was told that I needed to re-apply via the new officer process—however that was a couple of years ago now. When applying again when the recruitment opens, would I need to file a reinstatement form first or just go ahead with a brand new application?))
Philip Walker
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Steven Campana wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:26 am ((I left the LSPD on an account around 4 years ago. I tried reinstating but however due to the time period that had passed I was told that I needed to re-apply via the new officer process—however that was a couple of years ago now. When applying again when the recruitment opens, would I need to file a reinstatement form first or just go ahead with a brand new application?))
You have to make a brand-new application.
BayouBlackbeard
Hello, is there somewhere we can get the code/format for department applications to practice writing up or have it prepared for when recruitment eventually opens up?
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
BayouBlackbeard wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am Hello, is there somewhere we can get the code/format for department applications to practice writing up or have it prepared for when recruitment eventually opens up?
The Police Officer application can be found here.
Kyler Merrick
Primary Assignment: Field Training Program
Will the name change requests get updated before applications come out? I plan on applying on a new character and I've had my name change request in for a while now.
Victor Spencer
Police Sergeant II
Police Sergeant II
Primary Assignment: Air Support Division
Serial No.: 70000
@Tobias Stone They will be handled before the batch. That shouldn't be a problem.
Zara Andersson
Police Detective I
Police Detective I
Badge Number: 130375
Hi there!

I guess it have been asked before but I am not sure.
I got one character with 250 hours +, but I want to apply with my other character that only has 7 hours.
Is that OK?

Or do I have to grind extra 13 hours just to apply?
Jayson Sims
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
John Padinni wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:04 pm Hi there!

I guess it have been asked before but I am not sure.
I got one character with 250 hours +, but I want to apply with my other character that only has 7 hours.
Is that OK?

Or do I have to grind extra 13 hours just to apply?
Hello,

That is fine — the requirement is that applicants have 20 hours accumulated on their GTAW account (i.e. all your characters play time added together). In other words, you must have a minimum of 20 hours playing the server (on any character) before applying.
Daniel Chapman
Civilian Employee
Civilian Employee
Hi!

I'm in the recruitment process to become a civilian employee, and wanted to inquire whether it's possible to apply to become a sworn police officer as a civilian employee?

Thanks.