Civilian Supervisor
Civilian Supervisor
Badge Number: 33234
Primary Assignment: Forensic Science Division
Serial No.: 33234
Talia James wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:16 pm
Rebecca Lentz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:07 pm
Talia James wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi, when I applied for Criminalist on the 29th of march the thread said it was open I specifically checked the list because I saw LEO wasn't open at the time so I wanted to make sure it was ok for me to apply.
Oh. My bad then! But yeah, as I mentioned, it depends on the number of the criminalists we currently have and the decision of the officer-in-charge whether we need more or not. So if your application was left hanging, it means we're currently okay on the staff, but they'll be reviewed when the time comes!
It would have been nice if there was some communication to tell me that rather then just letting me hang waiting for a reply. They could have even just replied thank you but we are full and I would have been happy but the way it has been handled has put me off
I'm sorry about that. I'm not really involved in the recruitment myself, but you can try to reach out to Kathleen Adams/Jacqueline Coburn regarding it.
Michelle Li
Assistant Chief of Police
Badge Number: 12293
Primary Assignment: Office of the Chief of Staff
Talia James wrote:
Hello,

Believe what has happened with regards to this is that the Civilian Employment team have to process the PBA and such to ensure it's correct before it's kicked on over to Technical Services. (In this case, seeing as you applied for the role of a criminalist.). Communication regarding this delay should ideally have been addressed, or directed personally towards the Civilian Employment section via PMs.

The on-hold of the position of criminalists does not affect currently pending applications, and is not related to the reason why your application hasn't been pushed forward yet. The hold was applied to inform future potential applicants that there is a hold from here on out, or so is its intention.
TroyTheEmperor
Primary Assignment: N/A
A couple of months ago I heard a mechanic civilian position was going to be added to the department, was the idea dropped?
Maria Clemmons
Hey!

I'm actually just returning back to GTA:W after a little break because I kept coming on to do immature things, my last ajail was 2 months ago (almost 3 as of the 17th of next month), and I'm just wondering if its worth my time to apply for the PD next recruitment draft or if I should just wait until the time after that.

Sorry for rambling I'm basically asking, what is the required time for me to wait from my last ajail to get accepted into PD?

Thank you!
Matthew Reagan
Retired Police Officer III+1
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
Serial No.: 60889
Maria Clemmons wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 pm Hey!

I'm actually just returning back to GTA:W after a little break because I kept coming on to do immature things, my last ajail was 2 months ago (almost 3 as of the 17th of next month), and I'm just wondering if its worth my time to apply for the PD next recruitment draft or if I should just wait until the time after that.

Sorry for rambling I'm basically asking, what is the required time for me to wait from my last ajail to get accepted into PD?

Thank you!
Jacqueline Coburn wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:22 pm .
Last edited by Matthew Reagan on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew Reagan
Maria Clemmons wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 pm Hey!

Thank you!
((
Hi!

First of all don't feel bad for asking thats what this topic is for, and generally its around two months tops for ajails, and considering its going to be at least 3 months ago since your ajail until we open up recruitment I believe it is not going to have that much effect and I strongly recommend you giving it a shot!

Hope that helps!

))
Sarah Watson
Police Officer III+1
Police Officer III+1
Badge Number: 29959
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
Serial No.: 29959
Hi!

I joined a while ago and was in the process of my FTP. I resigned to take a break from GTA World with my IRL Job changing and other circumstances meaning I couldn't come on as much as I wanted too. Given I was a PO 1 and wasn't given the retired role on discord, does this mean I have to apply entirely from scratch? I've seen some other PO I's come back as a PO I and had to redo their FTP so was just wondering if this was the same case? Thanks! :)
Sol Vazquez
Police Officer II
Police Officer II
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Sarah Watson wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 am Hi!

I joined a while ago and was in the process of my FTP. I resigned to take a break from GTA World with my IRL Job changing and other circumstances meaning I couldn't come on as much as I wanted too. Given I was a PO 1 and wasn't given the retired role on discord, does this mean I have to apply entirely from scratch? I've seen some other PO I's come back as a PO I and had to redo their FTP so was just wondering if this was the same case? Thanks! :)
You should file a reinstatement request, as you've been a faction member before. From there, they will get in contact with you and figure out the next best steps. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon!
Talia James
Hi there

I applied for criminalist and got to the stage of answering the questionnaire but it’s almost been a month now and I haven’t heard back from anyone no one has contacted me

Could you please help out and provide an explanation

Thanks!
Michelle Li
Badge Number: 12293
Primary Assignment: Office of the Chief of Staff
Talia James wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:17 pm Hi there

I applied for criminalist and got to the stage of answering the questionnaire but it’s almost been a month now and I haven’t heard back from anyone no one has contacted me

Could you please help out and provide an explanation

Thanks!
I'll reach out to your PMs regarding the reasons why this is the case.
Xavier Watkins
Retired Police Officer II
Retired Police Officer II
Primary Assignment: Mission Row Division
Is it acceptable to make up Former Employment in the EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT section? In my character's background, I've written him as having worked for non-profit organizations as a volunteer - however, I don't know if ''Former Employment'' is supposed to be for organizations that actually exist and are being roleplayed in the game. (Could I, for example, say that he worked for ''Iron Paws Veterinary'' in the past, as a part of his background, even though such establishment doesn't exist in the server?)
Lucas Hoskins
Retired Police Officer III
Retired Police Officer III
Badge Number: 32406
Royce Palmer wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:43 am Is it acceptable to make up Former Employment in the EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT section? In my character's background, I've written him as having worked for non-profit organizations as a volunteer - however, I don't know if ''Former Employment'' is supposed to be for organizations that actually exist and are being roleplayed in the game. (Could I, for example, say that he worked for ''Iron Paws Veterinary'' in the past, as a part of his background, even though such establishment doesn't exist in the server?)
It's perfectly acceptable to roleplay things like this, consider the fact people create education backstories etc which were never roleplayed on the server. Feel free to include this.
Matthew Reagan
Raymond Penbar wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:33 pm could somebody send me my application in DM? should be the same name, thanks in advance.
Done!
Matthew Reagan
Richard Cox wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:02 pm (( Is it possible that I get my application sent to me? ))
Also done.
Ashley Rutherford
Hi. Good day to everyone that is viewing this. In my previous application, I've stated that my character, once roleplayed as studying for business marketing. I need to change this to language study. But, doing so could result me in denying the rule ''continuity''. But, I really want to change the course of the study as I am currently portraying it in my character. If I applied with different course of study but my previous application says vice versa, can I still apply? I need permission to change this. Thank you.
Brian Ahn
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Badge Number: 16931
Ashley Rutherford wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 am Hi. Good day to everyone that is viewing this. In my previous application, I've stated that my character, once roleplayed as studying for business marketing. I need to change this to language study. But, doing so could result me in denying the rule ''continuity''. But, I really want to change the course of the study as I am currently portraying it in my character. If I applied with different course of study but my previous application says vice versa, can I still apply? I need permission to change this. Thank you.
Hey!

In real life, it is often that people springboard/change their majors. If you're able to portray it in a realistic way whilst you are being screened, I do not see any issue. Thank you for your interest in the department.
Ashley Rutherford
Brian Ahn wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:51 am
Ashley Rutherford wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 am Hi. Good day to everyone that is viewing this. In my previous application, I've stated that my character, once roleplayed as studying for business marketing. I need to change this to language study. But, doing so could result me in denying the rule ''continuity''. But, I really want to change the course of the study as I am currently portraying it in my character. If I applied with different course of study but my previous application says vice versa, can I still apply? I need permission to change this. Thank you.
Hey!

In real life, it is often that people springboard/change their majors. If you're able to portray it in a realistic way whilst you are being screened, I do not see any issue. Thank you for your interest in the department.
Hi Brian, thanks for replying.

Yes, I understand that if I'm able to portray it in a realistic way, I am fine. But, what if I'm denied for the reason, continuity? Also, around a week ago, I received a ''not'' severe admin jail, it's my first time getting jailed tho. Is it fine if I apply when the recruitment drive open?
Brian Ahn
Police Officer III
Police Officer III
Badge Number: 16931
Ashley Rutherford wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 am Hi Brian, thanks for replying.

Yes, I understand that if I'm able to portray it in a realistic way, I am fine. But, what if I'm denied for the reason, continuity? Also, around a week ago, I received a ''not'' severe admin jail, it's my first time getting jailed tho. Is it fine if I apply when the recruitment drive open?
Unfortunately, you would not be able to gain entry into our faction given your circumstances. Thank you for your interest in the department.