The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

Samantha Lee
Retired Police Officer II
Badge Number: 25
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
(( Corruption rules are in place, however they are currently being revamped. They would not be allowed to let a murderer free as any corruption that involves felony charges are forbidden. ))
Rufus Jack
Primary Assignment: N/A
I was approved last night, got on today to do my interview to find my application denied for unrealistic background... not to come off as patronizing but i fail to see how being a former officer in another city constitutes unrealism.. somehow making up some fake history seems more unrealistic than already established role play for my character. Im just curious as to whats actually expected for this as there are no guidelines referring to this specific incident. Why would one officer approve and schedule an applicant for an interview just to have another come and deny it without any notes as to how to correct it or what was actually wrong? Seems unprofessional. Very confusing for a competent applicant.
Samantha Lee
Rufus Jack wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 pm I was approved last night, got on today to do my interview to find my application denied for unrealistic background... not to come off as patronizing but i fail to see how being a former officer in another city constitutes unrealism.. somehow making up some fake history seems more unrealistic than already established role play for my character. Im just curious as to whats actually expected for this as there are no guidelines referring to this specific incident. Why would one officer approve and schedule an applicant for an interview just to have another come and deny it without any notes as to how to correct it or what was actually wrong? Seems unprofessional. Very confusing for a competent applicant.
If you could explain me how a former 29 year old Chief of Police of Liberty City applies for a Police Officer I spot in the Los Santos Police Department? How does your character become a Chief of Police at the age of 29 and why would a Chief of Police apply for a Police Officer I position? Your character background does not make sense to be applying for a Law Enforcement faction.
Rufus Jack
I was a 26 year old Staff Sergeant. The part in question was referring to my employers rank, the application doesn't specify it was referring to my rank, its listed under employer. In a small town with high turn over and outstanding performance its possible to obtain some ranks, although not Chief i would agree. I applogise if i misunderstood the context application. Also im not aware of a way to apply for any other positions. My character resigned from his former employer, moved here and applied for the local police station. I come from a law enforcement family IRL i dont claim to be an expert but im not ignorant on the subject either. Im sorry if my idea of realism is considered wrong by some perspective. So what do i have to put in that box to satisfy? Im not sure what definition of realism i need to overcome.
Samantha Lee
Rufus Jack wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm I was a 26 year old Staff Sergeant. The part in question was referring to my employers rank, the application doesn't specify it was referring to my rank, its listed under employer. In a small town with high turn over and outstanding performance its possible to obtain some ranks, although not Chief i would agree. I applogise if i misunderstood the context application. Also im not aware of a way to apply for any other positions. My character resigned from his former employer, moved here and applied for the local police station. I come from a law enforcement family IRL i dont claim to be an expert but im not ignorant on the subject either. Im sorry if my idea of realism is considered wrong by some perspective. So what do i have to put in that box to satisfy? Im not sure what definition of realism i need to overcome.
I can understand if you misunderstood the concept of the question, we were under the impression that you decided to roleplay as a former Chief of Police. Being a Staff Sergeant is alright for your age, we'll continue as if Jack would be a Staff Sergeant in this case.
Michael Torlo
Must I have access to the applicant area to have an interview conducted? It's sort of unclear to me from what I have read, as I have been approved and am awaiting access, thank you.
Last edited by Michael Torlo on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Lee
Michael Torlo wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:07 pm Must I have access to the applicant area to have an interview conducted?
Yes, sorry you should have the usergroup now. I forgot to give it to you.
Noah Bradford
Badge Number: 4505
Peter Brennan wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:38 pm Hey. I haven't been given access yet either. Just making sure I wasn't forgotten.
You should be a member of the group now.
Richard Pena
Badge Number: ??
Where are the lateral recruitments, if they are still open? I had expressed interest in joining that way a couple of months ago but was unable to due to work commitments.
Emily Santiago
Retired Police Detective III
Retired Police Detective III
Badge Number: 2232
Richard_Pena wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm Where are the lateral recruitments, if they are still open? I had expressed interest in joining that way a couple of months ago but was unable to due to work commitments.
Unfortunately, the lateral transfer is no longer a thing. The only way to join the department is through the Recruitment Process.
Carlos
((Cannot send PMs to the IA Group))
Last edited by Samantha Lee on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Ignore, told him to post somewhere so he can PM.
Andrei Kvyat
Hey! So I've considered rejoining after having played on LSRP. My situation is that I will be leaving for basic training with the danish military at the start of august. I will be living in the barracks on week days for 4 months, but I will be home in my apartment on weekends.

Is it alright that I will be limited to playing on weekends or would you rather see me apply when I have more time?
Samantha Lee
Andrei Kvyat wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm Hey! So I've considered rejoining after having played on LSRP. My situation is that I will be leaving for basic training with the danish military at the start of august. I will be living in the barracks on week days for 4 months, but I will be home in my apartment on weekends.

Is it alright that I will be limited to playing on weekends or would you rather see me apply when I have more time?
Going to let a higher rank answer on that.
Elena Villarreal wrote:.
Stanley Morrison
Retired Chief Of Police
Retired Chief Of Police
Badge Number: 193
Primary Assignment: Metropolitan Division
Ashley Dawson wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:16 am
Andrei Kvyat wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm Hey! So I've considered rejoining after having played on LSRP. My situation is that I will be leaving for basic training with the danish military at the start of august. I will be living in the barracks on week days for 4 months, but I will be home in my apartment on weekends.

Going to let a higher rank answer on that.
Elena Villarreal wrote:.
If you manage to pass the recruitment process, you can put absence up to 1 month. About the activity, it can be discussed with Staff Officers.
Vincent Bisceglia
When we are awaiting the Departemental Interview, do we wait in the teamspeak channel for all of our given availability times or we wait for a recruiter to privately message us to set up an interview? Thank you.
Ricky Wu
Badge Number: 3598
Vincent Bisceglia wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 pm When we are awaiting the Departemental Interview, do we wait in the teamspeak channel for all of our given availability times or we wait for a recruiter to privately message us to set up an interview? Thank you.
You're expected to wait in the channel 'Waiting Room' on TS to make it easier to be seen by the employment officers. So your DI will be handled when an officer is available for it.
Angelo Moretti
Retired Police Detective II
Retired Police Detective II
Badge Number: 5458
(( My application is currently pending and I am awaiting a name change on the forums, something I have no control over. If the recruitment closes while still pending, am I denied or am I good to continue with the process? ))