The Official Site of the Los Santos Police Department

"to protect and to serve"

This board is now decommissioned. Please use the new Recruitment Board for your applications. If you have already applied please re-apply there (make sure to use the new format).

The Recruitment Desk is the hub for those seeking employment within the Los Santos Police Department.

Information regarding Police Officer recruitment can be found here.
Recruitment drive dates shall be announced here.
Police Officer roles shall be submitted here.

(( Forum names for recruitment should be in Forename Surname format. If you require your forum account name to be changed, you may post a request here. ))
Daniel Moretta
Retired Police Officer III+1
Badge Number: 26717
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
Its not exactly a recruitment question more of a general thing. How is ranking/promotions done? Like i notice officers being sergeants one moment then staff sergeants the next. - which is most likely due to it being new so ranks getting shifted.

But how is probation done? It says 2 months is that IRL time or is the 2 months like 2 weeks?

And do probationary officers have to be partnered? Or can they patrol alone. I know for me I'd most likely be alone due to timezones.
Evelyn Monroe
Badge Number: 309
Primary Assignment: N/A
Jason_Greenhill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:51 am Its not exactly a recruitment question more of a general thing. How is ranking/promotions done? Like i notice officers being sergeants one moment then staff sergeants the next. - which is most likely due to it being new so ranks getting shifted.

But how is probation done? It says 2 months is that IRL time or is the 2 months like 2 weeks?

And do probationary officers have to be partnered? Or can they patrol alone. I know for me I'd most likely be alone due to timezones.
Ranking and promotions are done as normal. Right now, we're just getting started in the faction. We're moving people up as we see fit and vice versa. Probation is going to be about two weeks to a month right now. And yes, probationary officers do have to be partnered unless given permission by a Sergeant or above. They can also patrol with other officers on duty. We have most if not all timezones pretty covered right now. Might be lacking in some. But we'll eventually get there. Probationary officers when on duty alone can pull desk duty. It's not that bad, plus you don't wanna get kidnapped do ya? :).

Edit: If it makes you feel any better, if I am the only officer on duty, I do not go out as I do not have any backup.
Daniel Moretta
Badge Number: 26717
Primary Assignment: Traffic Division
I figured as much.

Timexones i can handle as people are on of a night. Although during the day the server is dead (live in Australia) where its like me and 10 other players. Its not a big problem though. Just the Aussie timezone sucks to everywhere else.
Evelyn Monroe
Jason_Greenhill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 am I figured as much.

Timexones i can handle as people are on of a night. Although during the day the server is dead (live in Australia) where its like me and 10 other players. Its not a big problem though. Just the Aussie timezone sucks to everywhere else.
Invite your friends and it'll grow!
Sun-hee Won
Can ya'll please put a topic on the main forum or something about recruitment opening?
The first one I missed because I didn't have a character yet and the second one I missed because I had no idea it was opened again.
Evelyn Monroe
Balkan Beast wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:01 pm Can ya'll please put a topic on the main forum or something about recruitment opening?
The first one I missed because I didn't have a character yet and the second one I missed because I had no idea it was opened again.
We put multiple CAD's up during all time zones to try and get the word out. We'll take this suggestion into consideration.
Evelyn Monroe
Michael Caldwell wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pm I failed my interview but the e-mail that I received didn't really specify what I did wrong, I would like to know what I did wrong so I can improve next time.
You should have received a PM back with a bit further of an explanation. We thought this was already explained.
Lance Seabrook
Retired Police Officer III
Badge Number: 403
Alex Riggs wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:58 am Hey there, I was wondering if there is any estimate time about the re-opening of the applications.
It has been a while since last recruitment.
We will have more information about Recruitment towards the end of the month.

We thank all of you for your patience!
Lance Seabrook
Badge Number: 403
TeodoraMk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 am Hi, what are the lowest requirments for activity as a P-I? Is there a possibility for a P-I, eventually P-II to join this faction but play less, like sometimes from a friend's house, from internet clubs etc? Thanks in advance.
We suggest you only apply and join the faction if you have time to spend in the faction. We only have limited slots in the faction and it would be wrong to take up a slot for someone who is more active.

Although, we always encourage you to join our recruitment process.
Leroy Walker
Andy_Walker wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 pm
Rogan_Zhao wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm Hi, how to gain permission to send private messages?
Anyone can send private messages if they post once on the forum.
I already posted on the forums and I'm still not able to send PM's.
When I try to send it, the message stays on "Outbox"
To be able to PM do I need to start a thread?
Andy_Walker
Alex Riggs wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 am
Andy_Walker wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 pm
Rogan_Zhao wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm Hi, how to gain permission to send private messages?
Anyone can send private messages if they post once on the forum.
I already posted on the forums and I'm still not able to send PM's.
When I try to send it, the message stays on "Outbox"
To be able to PM do I need to start a thread?
That means the other party has not read your message. Any further issues please PM directly, as this is for T&R enquiries.
Emily Santiago
Retired Police Detective III
Retired Police Detective III
Badge Number: 2232
Alex Riggs wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 am How long does it take to get Police Officer I after you get accepted?
The whole process takes up to two weeks, give or take, as the circumstances may vary.
Last edited by Emily Santiago on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.